Coronavirus Update 16.03.2020
At this stage the Committee has decided to keep Titirangi Badminton Club open for member club nights.
However, due to the recent updates from the Prime Minister it is now club policy to NOT high five/shake hands/hug after games or when greeting people.
Please, if you feel unwell or have recently arrived in NZ from overseas, do not attend club nights as we do not want to risk spreading the virus to our members, friends and families.
We also remind you to continue to follow the Ministry of Health guidelines:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
For further information and advice please visit the Ministry of Health website: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus or call Healthline free on 0800 611 116.
We will do our best to keep all members regularly updated by email, Facebook, notices at club nights and information on our website.
Titirangi Badminton Club Committee